- All orders are accepted under the following terms and conditions which constitutes a legally binding contract. Customers are advised to read this carefully before signing. Orders can only by accepted if fully completed including the tick boxes and signatures.
- We will use all reasonable endeavours to keep to the estimated delivery dates. For factors beyond our control, we reserve the right to extend delivery timescales within reason where necessary. Notification of change of delivery and installation will be made as soon as possible.
- Delivery and installation are arranged at the convenience of the company in agreement with the customer. While it is not always possible to give accurate times, a mobile telephone number of the Installers will be available on the day.
- Upon delivery and installation, any parts that are lost or damaged will be either repaired or replaced at no expense to the customer.
- Installation of your building can only take place if the provided base is concreted or paved and is absolutely level and of sufficient size. In the event of the base not being suitable, the installers reserve the right to refuse to install. The installers will stack the building on your property, or if agreed by us we will arrange for storage and redelivery in which case you will be charged at our call out rate of £350.00. It is your responsibility to correct the base at which point we will return to complete the installation.
- Installations are on the understanding that at pre-prepared firm, level base is provided. It is entirely the customers responsibility to assess the size, quality, suitability and location of the base. No responsibility will be accepted for any misalignment or the stability of any building installed on an unlevel or inadequate base.
- Whilst we endeavour to give customers every possible means of making an informed decision including brochures, website content and our customer service, it is not always possible to give every exact specification or dimension found on a building or product and on occasion we may amend the specification of the products without our prior notification. As our policy is to improve design, quality and service, we reserve the right to amend, alter or change at our discretion which such changes may be deemed desirable or necessary. Please note pictures we use are a representation of the product. Other pictures are of customers products and may feature additional customisations carried out by the customer.
- The purchaser will provide fair and reasonable access to the site. Under no circumstances will components be carried over garage roofs, fences, hedges etc. It is entirely the customers responsibility to assess the size, quality, suitability, and location of the base.
- No responsibility will be accepted for accidental damaged caused during the delivery or installation process.
- The Log Cabin Company (North) Ltd will not be responsible for gaps occurring on the building that are directly as a result of fixings, either internal or external, which may prevent the timbers from expanding and contracting which could cause cracks and/or gaps. ie shelving, electrical ducting etc. Attending to such repairs may result in a £350 call out charge.
- Timber is a natural product and is therefore subject to changes by environmental conditions. To minimise contraction and expansion it is essential to maintain your building. Some movement may happen after delivery and this is beyond our control due to the natural expansion and contraction of the wood. To prevent this, we recommend an application of a spirit based wood preservative upon installation and annually thereafter. The Log Cabin Company do offer a treatment service, please ask for details. Painting the building may prevent the building from expanding and contracting and could cause cracking and/or leaking. Remedial works on painted buildings will be subject to a call out charge.
- TIMBER INFORMATION
When placing an order, you understand the inherent properties of timber which will affect your timber product to a lesser or greater degree:
Timber is a natural product and prone to changes in appearance, including some movement and the occurrence of small knot holes or splits in extreme temperatures and weather conditions. Any splits, knots or similar visual imperfections in the timber will not affect the structural integrity of the product in any way, are not considered to be damage, and do not render the product unfit for purpose. Whilst every effort is made to hand pick timber without visible knotholes or splits there may be occasions where timber is selected in good faith that contains what appears to be a solid knot. Over the course of time / during movement of the product etc it may occur that these small knot holes are then dislodged from the timber leaving a small knot or crack. Unfortunately, we cannot be held responsible for this maturing of the product and can only offer our best advice as how to deal with this situation in the unlikely event that it should occur. When measuring timber for the purpose of technical information the absolute external dimensions will be taken from a sample piece of each component used – it should be noted that due to the complex nature of the product and machining processes that this figure will give an average measurement that could be subject to slight variance throughout the rest of the individual boards in the pack measured. Whilst every effort will be made to select only components which match the average advertised sizing this is subject to the availability of the timber that has been machined and cannot be guaranteed.
- Building Regulations: None of our buildings, structures or products comply to building regulations as standard. To comply to building standards other elements will need to be added such as fire proofing, insulation, safety glass and foundations. Please contact your building control office for the requirements needed to meet building regulations.
Planning Permission: We can advise on planning permission when asked but we will take no responsibility for this advice should it be incorrect. Please always check with your local planning office for any rules in your area and make yourself aware of the regulations pertaining to your purchase.
NO responsibility is accepted for non-compliance with building regulations or planning requirements pertaining to your situation – Please ensure you have thoroughly checked these requirements if pertinent to you.
- Force Majeure. In no event shall the company be responsible or liable for any failure or delay in the performance of its obligations hereunder arising out of or caused by, directly or indirectly, forces beyond our control, including without limitations any act, event, non-happening, omission, or accident as stated below.
Strikes, lockouts and other industrial actions, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport, impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks, any new acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
- The goods remain the property of the The Log Cabin Company (North) Ltd until paid for in full.